lørdag den 26. juli 2014

Norman Mailer som short short storyteller

Meget Lydiaske (OG Normanske) disse to helt korte korttekster, der tilsammen udgør afsnittet "Microbes", i paperbacken The Short Fiction of Norman Mailer, som jeg snuppede i går i Gentoftes Biblioteks frilufts-bogbørs (jeg stikker dubletter af Thøger Jensen, Schnack, Barnett Newman tilbage lige om lidt):

IT

We were going thorugh the barbed-wire when a machine gun started. I kept walking until I saw my head lying on the ground.
  "My God, I'm dead," my head said.
  And my body fell over.

THE SHORTEST NOVEL OF THEM ALL

At first she thought she could kill him in three days.
  She did nearly. His heart proved nearly unequal to her compliments.
  Then she thought it would take three weeks. But he survived.
  So she revised her tables and calculated three months.
  After three years, he was still alive. So they got married.
  No they've been married for thirty years. People speak warmly of them. They are known as the best marriage in town.
  It's just that their children keep dying.


2 kommentarer:

  1. Nordmand, Mægler26. juli 2014 kl. 19.23

    ADVERTISEMENTS FOR MYSELF

    SvarSlet
  2. Nordmand, Mægler26. juli 2014 kl. 19.26

    I WAS ALWAYS A ROBOT

    SvarSlet